Justified Anger Podcast
2 years ago
- by Justified AngerOn this episode of the Shackled series, exploring issues around electronic monitoring, we talk about housing factors for those living with GPS trackers and monitors. Aaron Hicks, Nehemiah Reentry Coordinator, continues to share his story of struggling with lifetime GPS and the confusing rules around housing restrictions. Brittany Lee of Ex-Incarcerated People Organizing (EXPO) brings an […]
- by Justified AngerIn this series, the issues involved with electronic monitoring are explored through the stories and experiences of those impacted by E-carceration. Aaron Hicks, Nehemiah Reentry Coordinator, starts off the series by bringing us into his experience of lifetime GPS. We look at the unique circumstances around why this condition is allowed in Wisconsin, yet Aaron […]
- by Justified AngerOn this special episode, we have a conversation with Nehemiah Reentry staff who have been contributing to the COVID Corrections Series to give an update and provide some real talk on the issues impacting the criminal justice systems. Don't miss this passionate insider conversation from those that have lived through the experiences we have been […]
- by Justified AngerOn this episode Rebecca Barber has a conversation with Jessica Christensen about her time spent working at a prison. Hear about what she observed as she saw the potential for change in those incarcerated and how the prison system treated them in comparison. Marshall Jones is a currently incarcerated individual who Jessica has seen reflect […]
- by Justified AngerOn this episode, we feature Justified Anger's Court Observer program and the victory they had in creating equitable change during the COVID pandemic. Members of the court observer's group, Sandi Reinardy, Julia Westley, and Amy Throndson, tell the story of how they came to feel increasingly uncomfortable with virtual court appearances from Dane County jails […]
- by Justified AngerMental health is an area of concern for everyone during the COVID-19 Pandemic, but it is only multiplied in the confinement of incarceration. Aaron Hicks gives us his inside story on bringing mindfulness into Wisconsin prisons and the need for restorative personal and systemic change. Learn more about Carmen Alonso's organization, Just Mindfulness.
- by Justified AngerIn this episode, we go on the road with EXPO (Ex-Incarcerated People Organizing) members Ramiah Whiteside and Kevin Cook as they run from Milwaukee to Madison, WI to make a statement. Don't miss Kevin's first-hand account of contracting COVID in prison. Theme music by Rudy Bankston.
- by Justified AngerNehemiah's Reentry Team explores experiences and issues occurring in Wisconsin correctional facilities during the coronavirus pandemic. In this episode, Anthony explains why he is angry after seeing a video of men he knows in jail during the pandemic sharing emotional messages. Rebecca Barber also brings the powerful words of those incarcerated to the show. Theme […]
- by justifiedangerIn the first episode of Justified Anger Podcast, the staff of Nehemiah's Reentry Team explore experiences and issues occurring in Wisconsin correctional facilities during the coronavirus pandemic. Through the stories and relationships of the staff, the voices of those impacted by incarceration are heard in phone calls, letters, and interviews. Rebecca Barber and Shannon Ross […]